Who we are ?
At Seedtag our goal is to lead the change in the advertising industry, because we believe that effective advertising should not be at odds with users’ privacy.
By combining Natural Language Processing and Computer Vision our proprietary, Machine Learning-based technology provides a human-like understanding of the content of the web that finds the best context for each ad while providing unparalleled risk-mitigation capabilities that protect advertisers from showing their ads on pages that could be damaging for their brand. All of this, without relying on cookies or any other tracking mechanisms.
Every day, our teams develop new services that reach over 200 million users worldwide with fast response times to ensure that we deliver the best user experience. We’re fully committed to the DevOps culture, where we provide the platform that our Software Developers and Data Scientists use to manage over 100 different microservices, pushing dozens of changes to production every day. All of this is built on top of Kubernetes in Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services.
Seedtag is seeking a Technical Lead to join our dynamic and growing engineering team. The Technical Lead will be responsible for ensuring that we make the correct technical decisions in the mid and long term, defining how we will face future challenges, and identifying opportunities for innovation. The Technical Lead will be responsible for the stability and scalability of our technology, ensuring that the Engineers who work on the team have the required knowledge, spread knowledge across squads, and ensure alignment in terms of good practices and principles. The role will be hands-on, requiring participation in the more complex challenges, making POCs, and doing pair programming. The Technical Lead will participate in high-level conversations and work with the TLs of other teams and the architecture lead to ensure we have world-class technology and a clear strategy for the future.
If you are interested in joining one of the fastest growing startups in Europe and work on massive scalability challenges, this is the place for you.
2014 · Founded by two ex-Googlers
2018 · 16M total turnover & Internationalization & Getting growth
2021 · Fundraising round of 40M€ & +10 countries & +230 Seedtaggers
2022 · Raised 40M€ , 230 Seedtaggers in 10 countries
2022 · Raised 250M€ , expanding into the U.S market
👉 2023 · Where will 😎 you bring us?
Our core engineering values
🎯 Outcome over output
Our core engineering values reflect our commitment to delivering exceptional results, fostering a culture of continuous learning, and always putting the customer's needs first. We believe that success comes from focusing on the outcomes rather than just the output. Our engineering team aims to solve problems that make a meaningful difference, and we measure our success by the impact we have on the customer.
💡Failure is allowed, learning is a must
We also recognize that failure is an inevitable part of the innovation process. Our team understands that setbacks are opportunities to learn and grow. We believe in testing early and often, and we continuously iterate and improve until we arrive at the best solution.
👨👩👧👦 We are all boy scouts
Another core value we hold is that we are all boy scouts. We believe in leaving things better than we found them. This means we take ownership of our work and strive to improve the systems and processes we touch. We encourage our team members to be proactive in identifying areas for improvement, and we value those who take the initiative to implement positive changes. Our goal is to leave a lasting, positive impact on our projects and our team.
📊 We are data-driven
Lastly, our team is data-driven. We believe that making informed decisions based on data is crucial to our success. Our engineering team uses data to guide our decision-making process and to identify opportunities for improvement. We are committed to using data to continuously monitor and optimize our systems and processes to ensure that we are delivering the best possible outcome for our customers.
What are our challenges ?
…in numbers 🤯:
- We handle more than 180 billion of events per day
- We process on average 600,000 web pages per hour
- Our CDN serves 1.5 petabytes every month to 200 million devices worldwide
So... it’s all about 🏎️ speed.
Your 😎 mission (if you accept it) is to make our platform
. . . . Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger !
As a Technical Lead, you will have a pivotal role in the growth and success of Seedtag. You will be expected to take on the following challenges:
- Be responsible for the stability and scalability of our technology, ensuring that the Engineers who work on the team have the required knowledge, spread knowledge across squads and chapters, and ensure alignment in terms of good practices and principles.
- Define and execute the technical strategy and vision for your business domain, identifying and planning iterations in our architecture, POCs of new technologies, and significant changes in essential building blocks of our technology and their interaction.
- Work with the technical leads of other teams and the architecture lead to ensure we have world-class technology and a clear strategy for the future, and participate in high-level conversations about following opportunities, identifying risks, giving high-level estimations, identifying architectural needs, proposing new opportunities, and ensuring that the tactical plans of the Engineering Managers maintain the stability of our technology during the iterations.
- Participate in the more complex challenges, making POCs and pair programming in some complex problems, including async feedback using PRs.
- Ensure the correct technical documentation and participate in sessions to teach hard skills about our tech with the members, doing internal workshops for making the team grow in their skills.
Your success will be measured by the following metrics:
- Ability to spearhead technical endeavors that align with the company's business goals and values.
- Your effectiveness in supporting the team to ensure the durability and scalability of our technology, sharing knowledge across teams, and maintaining alignment with best practices and principles.
- Ability to participate in high-level conversations and work with the TLs of other teams and the architecture lead to ensure we have world-class technology and a clear strategy for the future.
You will succeed if:
As the Technical Lead, you will be expected to bring a wide range of skills and experiences to the role. To be successful, you should have:
- At least 5 years of experience with a proven track record of delivering high-quality technical solutions.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering principles, with a deep understanding of modern development methodologies, software architecture, and design patterns.
- Experience leading the team’s technological vision, with a focus on building a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous learning.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A passion for technology and a desire to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in the industry.
- The ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including Engineering Managers, Product Managers, Designers, and Data Scientists.
- A commitment to continuous learning, with a desire to stay current with emerging trends and technologies.
- A passion for mentoring and coaching team members, with a focus on fostering their capabilities and empowering them to grow amongst us.
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability, with a desire to drive results and deliver high-quality outcomes for the company.
- A proactive, problem-solving mindset, with the ability to identify and address technical challenges before they become problems.
If you have a passion for technology, a desire to drive innovation, and a commitment to building world-class technical solutions, then you will be well-suited for this role. We are looking for someone who is driven, collaborative, and committed to excellence, and who is ready to take on the challenge of helping Seedtag become a leader in the ad-tech industry.
What else is cool at Seedtag ?
- 🚀 Key moment to join Seedtag in terms of growth and opportunities
- 💼 Career ladder plan for your professional growth
- 💸 High-performance tier salary bands excellent compensation
- 🏦 Stock option plan for every high performer team member
- 💯 Seedtag One: Work for a month from any of our open offices with travel and stay paid if you’re a top performer (think of Brazil, Mexico..., 🏖️)
- 🏉 Paid travels to our HQ in Madrid to work p2p with your squad members
- 💻 Macbook Pro M2
- 🏠 Build your home office with a budget of up to 1K (external screen, chair, table...)
- ⌛ Flexible schedule to balance work and personal life
- ⛰️ An unlimited remote working environment, where you can choose to work from home indefinitely or attend our Madrid headquarters whenever you want, where you will find a great workplace location with food, snacks, great coffee, and much more.
- 🎗️ A harassment-free, supportive and safe environment to ensure the healthiest and friendliest professional experience fostering diversity at all levels.
- 🇬🇧 🇪🇸 Optional company-paid English and/or Spanish courses.
- 📚 Access to learning opportunities (learning & development budget)
- 🍻 We love what we do, but we also love having fun. We have many team activities you can join and enjoy with your colleagues! A Yearly offsite with all the company, team offsites, and Christmas events...
- 🍽️🚘 Access to a flexible benefits plan with restaurant, transportation, and kindergarten tickets and discounts on medical insurance
Want to be a Seedtagger? Then send us your CV, we are waiting for it!